The board comprised of the members of SGWASA is the governing body of SGWASA. The members of SGWASA shall serve those functions required of them by Article I, Chapter 162A of the North Carolina General Statutes and shall ensure that SGWASA exercises its public and essential governmental functions to provide for the public health and welfare in a manner consistent with the needs of its participating political subdivisions and its customers. In doing so, the members shall:
1. Determine SGWASA’s policies.
2. Direct the employees of SGWASA, if any, in carrying out SGWASA’s policies.
3. Provide adequate oversight and control of SGWASA’s finances and expenditures.
4. Conduct periodic reviews and revisions, as necessary, of SGWASA’s policies, procedures and operations.
5. Engage in all other functions required or permitted by law including, but not limited to, those powers set forth in Article 1, Chapter 162A of the North Carolina General Statutes.
Regular Meetings: Meetings of the members shall be held on the second Tuesday of every month at 6:00 p.m. or at such other date and time as may be designated by the Board. Meetings shall be held at 415 Central Avenue, Butner, North Carolina or other suitable location.
Annual Meetings: There shall be an annual meeting of the members on the second Tuesday of every February or another date set in advance by the authority. The meeting shall be held at the 415 Central Avenue, Butner, North Carolina or other convenient location as determined by the Chairman.
Special and Emergency Meetings: Special and emergency meetings may be called in accordance with Article 33C of Chapter 143 of the North Carolina General Statutes.
Open Meetings: Because SGWASA is a public body as defined in Article 33C, Chapter 143 of the North Carolina General Statutes, SGWASA shall comply with said Article in the conduct of its meetings.